DOYLESTOWN, Pa. - The Shenandoah University men's soccer team defeated Delaware Valley University 1-0 in non-league action Friday afternoon.
Kane Melendez scored a goal in the 48th minute of the match to put the Hornets (3-2-1) on top of the Aggies (2-3).
HOW IT HAPPENED
48′ | Senior Nick Seymour crossed the ball from the right side of the goal where Delaware Valley's keeper, Josh Jarrett, made a play on the cross but wasn't able to secure the ball. Matt Sweeney kept it in play at the far post where freshman Kane Melendez was able to locate the pass and score.
QUOTES FROM COACH
"Our back line was very strong tonight," head coach Matt Smith said. "It is not easy to play right off the bus but the guys collected themselves playing smart and simple after a sluggish start. Once again, our young players stepped up with a goal from Melendez. We are moving in the right direction heading into ODAC play."
- SU outshot DVU 14-8.
- Nine of Shenandoah's shots were on goal.
- DelVal had the advantage in corner kicks 7-5.
- Goalie Sam Fischer played the full 90 minutes and recorded four saves.
- The win tonight guarantees the program's best record since 2015.
- This was the first meeting between the two programs.