WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. - The Shenandoah University women's lacrosse team earned its first win of the 2019 season with a 17-9 non-league victory Saturday afternoon at Lycoming College.
After Lycoming (0-1) took a 2-1 lead with two goals in a five-minute span, Shenandoah (1-1) reeled off a six-goal run to take a lead it would not relinquish.
HOW IT HAPPENED
The two teams then split the final four goals of the first half.
A three-goal Warriors run midway through the second cut the Shenandoah lead to four, 11-7, with 15:39 to play. The Hornets put the contest away by reeling off the game's next six goals.
Kathleen Donovan had two of the victors goals in that game-clinching run.
SU BY THE NUMBERS
- Kaitlyn Morris recorded a team-high six points off three goals and three assists.
- Alyson Bittinger led the Hornets in goals with four.
- Shannon Kelley added three goals.
- Bittinger, Morris and Kelley all recorded three draw controls.
- Defensively, Emma Hardisky caused seven turnovers and picked up a team-high four ground balls.
- Gionna Maria stopped 10 shots.
The Hornets host McDanniel on Wednesday, February 27 at 7 p.m. The second game of a doubleheader with the Shenandoah men.