SU shot just 17 percent (4-for-24) shooting performance in the initial 20 minutes but turned it around after the break.
Coach Melissa Smeltzer-Kraft's club shot 39 percent (13-for-23) over the final 20 minutes and was able to trim a 15-point halftime deficit to just two, 39-37, with 5:46 to play.
Trailing 39-27 late in the third, Shenandoah reeled off a 10-2 run that sandwiched the quarter break and brought itself to that two-point deficit following a Jordan Sondrol jumper in the lane.
Three significant runs marked the final five minutes of the game. GC expanded its lead back to seven points thanks a 7-2 run in a 2:22 span, and after the Hornets climbed to back within three with four straight points in 29 seconds, Guilford sealed the win by scoring 12 of the game's final 14 points.
- Guilford has won all nine lifetime meetings between the two programs
- Shenandoah more than doubled its second half shooting percentage (39 percent, 13-for-23) after shooting 17 percent (2-for-24) in the initial 20 minutes
- Ashley Stone led SU with 11 points with Jordan Sondrol adding 10
- Stone had a double-double with 10 rebounds
- Calyn Davis had 14 points for Guilford
- GC had a 58-45 advantage on the glass